Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Friday, March 17, 2006

A little about Abe and the Feast of Purim

Abraham made it home safe to Ghana. He was able to find his father, after 10 years, also he was reunited with some of his brothers and sisters. His mother past away while he was in Moscow. He is happy to be back.

Today I was invited to celebrate the Feast of Purim or also known as the feast of Esther, with a group of Jewish belivers, some of which fellowship at Sokol. Out of the 25 that were there to celebrate this yearly feast, 10 were not believers. However 5 of them took home New Testaments. Mira, who works with Jews for Jesus(standing in picture) is really gifted in seeking out the Jewish people here in Moscow, and has been used to share the gospel with hundreds of Jews. It is really a blessing for me to be involved with the Jewish community here. Just an interesting side note, 2 years ago while Lynn and I traveled to Israel to meet Pastor and the group from CC Modesto I really got a love for the Jewish people, and found out that many live in Russia. I prayed that The Lord would open up the door to meet Jewish people in Moscow, I had not met one in the 4 years I had lived there. But now the Lord has opened the door.

No comments: