Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sasha; now face to Face

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.


The Apostle Paul understood the reality of Gods promise to the believer. That to die is to gain. That the Father by the giving of His precious Son, He gave the beliver victory over death. Paul would declare to be absent in the flesh (death) is to be present with the Father for all eternity. This is the reality of a relationship restored to the True and Living God. Death has no sting for the believer in Jesus Christ

It is with sadness that this week while waiting for my visa in America, Natasha told me of the passing of my good friend Sasha. Sasha had been suffering with the affects of TB for over 2 years. I met Sasha more than a year and a half ago in the TB surgical hospital here in Moscow. And over the year and a half I have seen the Lord working in his life. He was a great inspiration for me of one who was suffering but always had a smiling face. Sasha was literally bed redden for more than a year. He had recently been transferred to a sanitarium out side of Moscow so he could build up his blood count and get ready for the second operation on his spine. We all had high hopes that this would be the end of a long sickness for Sasha. The last time I saw him was a few days before I headed to America to receive my visa. Sasha was a most amazing young man, and I had high hopes for him in his simple faith in Jesus Christ. But the Lord had greater plans for Sasha, His struggle on earth is now over. No more suffering for Sasha, as he left this fallen world behind. Back in January before I left for America, I went with Sasha in the ambulance, to the sanatorium. The ambulance was a small station wagon and in it were all of Sasha’s earthly possessions. It amounted to about three normal sized boxes. Sasha had no home, or car, and no relatives. His total net worth were packed into 3 cardboard boxes. But Jesus called Sasha rich. What does it profit a man if he gain the whole world but lose his soul. Jesus also said in the Gospel of John John 14:1-3 “ Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 “ And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am there you may be also. I will miss my friend Sasha. I considered it a great privilege that God gave me the opportunity to be a friend of Sasha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are sad to hear of the passing of Sasha. It was a priviledge to meet and visit with him and to pray with him. Thanks Dean for reaching out to Sasha with the hope of Jesus.

God Bless,

Sorrow Underfoot/The Taylors