Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Our God is an Awesome God!!

Saturday as I was studying for our Sunday service, a hard rain had ended and I got ready to see the rainbow to appear out my window and sure enough it appeared, a rather large section of the arch full of color. My camera recently broke and so I pulled out my mighty 4 pixel Kodak digital that I bought in 1998 before moving to Russia. The battery case is held by some good old scotch tape, and it has seen better days. As I started to take pictures of the rainbow, the batteries kept dying. So I found 2 used batteries and kept shooting. Well the clouds moved in again and an electrical storm started. I was thinking “God it would be great to get a photo of the lighting” Considering the condition of my mighty Kodak, that was a real prayer of faith. Well I took five shots trying to anticipate the sequence of the electrical storm which is really saying I was just wasting my time. So I went back to my studying. I then noticed that the clouds had a beautiful color and so I snapped one last shot. To my amazement at that very moment the lighting struck and my mighty 4 pixel digital Kodak, which has a very slow delay between the click and the image registering on the memory card, caught this shot. Knowing the odds of the speed of my camera catching a lighting strike, God showed me that even in the little things He loves to bless His children.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Dino, It is such a blessing to scroll through your blog page and pray for the people who's lives you share with us.God bless your day. P.S. We love your photography. God is so good !