Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Little did I know…

When I picked up a guitar for the first time in my life, it happened because I just loved and still love to worship the Lord. I had no idea that some years later I will be singing to the Lord in front of a congregation, or leading worship, or even teaching somebody else how to play. Well, the last two weeks I’ve been giving some lessons to Dima. He is a wonderful young Christian, who loves the Lord and goes to church together with his mom Marina, who is a huge blessing and support for me and not only for me. Marina and her husband Murman not long ago had a wedding ceremony at our church recommitting their marriage to the Lord.
About two weeks ago, I was invited to Marina’s house for dinner and I have to mention she prepares exceptionally delicious Georgian dishes (she and her family come from Georgia). So, I found out that Dima being out of school has some free time and I asked if he would like to learn how to play guitar. He was not sure at first, but then decided to try. We had only 3 lessons since, but Dima’s desire to learn keeps him practicing every day for 2-3 hours. This is not it…we have another teen who recently came to our church (another story:-), his name is Rustam. On Monday, after the Bible study he saw how Dima picked up a guitar and started to play. Next thing I know, he comes to me and asks, “Can you teach me too?” … We had our first lesson with Rustam and third lesson with Dima, yesterday. The most exciting thing is that this time Dima begun to teach Rustam what he already learned himself. I just had to make a video of this guys…for the history…what if they become famous :-)? + video for pros only;-)
Please, pray for our guitar lessons; that the Lord would bless them and give boys the necessary skills to play and to sing and for me wisdom and patience in teaching them. Also, please pray for Rustam, that the Lord would help him to understand His Word, speak to his hear and direct his and his sister Zulia’s steps.
Pray for Murman, Marina, and Dima: for the Lord’s guidance and direction in each of their lives.
Thank you and Lord bless you!
Natasha

No comments: