Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Where the idea came from?

My first week in France (in November 2005), the 24-3 prayer was introduced by Tonio (pastor Pierre’s son) who was putting it together. I did not sign up for it, because I was not too sure (since my understanding of French was very limited and still is :-/), what was required for the participation. The 24-hour prayer began on Sunday evening and continued for three days. I came to church (CC Nice) on Wednesday night and found out that the prayer is still going. Than Nancy, pastor Pierre’s wife asked me if I would like to see the prayer room, I did and she took me upstairs where I ended up staying for 2 hours. First hour I prayed with Delfine, and the most of the second hour I spent by myself just singing aloud praises to the Lord. I was really touched and moved; I loved the time I had spent in that room, it was wonderful experience and a special blessing to be a part of this 24-hour prayer. That same evening the church gathered for worship and some people shared what the Lord did during this special time.I was very excited and eager to share this experience with my church at home. The only problem was, we do not have a place to use for 24-hours and even if we had, Moscow is so huge that it is practically impossible to travel somewhere in the middle of the night, when transportation does not work. Anyway, I thought of it and soon the Lord gave me this vision for the “3 days of prayer” retreat, which just took place to my great joy and excitement.

No comments: