Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Multipurpose missionary’s service or counting my blessings

Today I came to church at 11:00am and we did a quick 15-minute set up before the service. Since our worship leader Vova went to Tver’ for an outreach, Dean asked me to fill in on the worship team today. So before Marina (our keyboard player and singer) came, I was doing sound check for two mics and a keyboard all by myself. I am not omnipresent or omnipotent like our Lord, but somehow He helped me to accomplish this task and I even enjoyed singing into the microphone today, which usually is a big struggle for me, because I am a little afraid of them. For me the worship was beautiful today and I hope for everyone else at the church too. When the service begun I remembered that our two wonderful Sunday school teachers went to Tver’ (where they are both from) for an outreach. So, after worship I ran into our Sunday school room and found 5 kids waiting for me there. One of them was Katia, who speaks Russian and who came with her little sister Tessa, who does not speak any language yet. Another one was little Jessica, who is from Brazil, but knows quite a bit of Russian. Still one more girl Diana, who came to the church the second time and spoke English, even though her mom is Russian. And lastly Patrick, who spoke only English with some incredible pronunciation. So, what could I do with this amazing bunch of kids by myself? I thought that it is always great to share the Great News, so I got out colored bits and began to tell them about it both in English and in Russian. Soon I switched to English, because I’ve realized that Diana and Patrick were not familiar with the story. Both Katia and Jessica were very patient with me and just listened and tried to understand what I was saying. Closer to the end of the Great News story Patrick began to ask me a lot of questions and I tried to answer as soon as I was able to understand what he was saying (remember? the incredible pronunciation :-) We came very close to the most important question of salvation and also to the most important decision making…but…the time was up and I had to finish and go back to the main hall. Before I left, Katia was begging me to tell her what I was talking about. I am glad that I was able to keep my promise and she was very excited to take the little bit cross with her and also to tell me that she could understand some English.
After the service and fellowship, we had men and women’s Bible studies. I was sharing about faithfulness: Lord’s faithfulness and ours as well. We usually have only Russian ladies come, but today Sarah came and she does not understand very much of Russian, so I tried to translate the main points for her. I think the study went well:-).
As I reflect upon this day I just want to stop and praise the Lord for all the blessings He blessed me with today.
I did not really want to share about this day at first, because I did not want to sound as if I am boasting. However, it is just dawned on me; the Lord was faithfully answering those prayers that you faithfully bring before Him on our behalf. So, it is a praise report. And also He was showing me His faithfulness as I was trying to be faithful in these many little tasks He has given me for this day. He is so wonderful!!! He is our Faithful God and I am thanking Him for His wonderful faithfulness and also I want to thank you for being faithful in prayer. Natasha
P.S. Please, pray for Diana and Patrick, that their hearts would be open for the Lord and that they would make the most important decision in life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Natasha. I was blessed to read this. I also want to thank you for today specifically. You help my mom in so many ways. The things you do touch my heart so much (It's happend today when you showed up in the hospital. Thank you. It meant so much to us both), and I am so grateful to the Lod and you. the Lord shows His faithfulness, love and kindness through you. I pray that He will bless you abundantly as you faithfully serve him.

Anonymous said...

The "anonymous" is Olga. I am sorry for not mentioninig my name.

Anonymous said...

:-)Thank you!!!Praise the Lord!!!