Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Monday, September 25, 2006

Divine appointment

Tonight after our Bible study, I stopped by a store to get some groceries. As I walked around looking for things, a lady came up to me quickly and asked for a mirror. A mirror??? In a store??? Why would somebody need a mirror in a grocery store??? Well of course there’ can be many reasons why, and especially for a woman, but I could not think of any. I guess, I looked so puzzled that the lady said, “I need to look in a mirror, because I’ve returned to the store after I already bought things and to return means bad luck.” She asked me again if I had even a small mirror, then realizing that I cannot be of any help for her she walked away mumbling, “It is a bad luck, I need a mirror.”
I’ve met superstitious people before and it’s very common here to spit three times over left shoulder if a black cat walked across the path or if a person whistles to let him know that he will whistle all his money out (Dean got in trouble with this one). Or not to give even amount of flowers, because it means death or something, and so on and so forth.
Today, however I’ve realized how bad it can get, so bad that it becomes bondage to a person who believes all that stuff. I felt really sorry for this lady and I immediately remembered that I have a copy of “Living water” with me, which was in my handbag for a longest time and a few times I wanted to give it away, but it never happened . I knew I had to give it to this lady. She already went trough the cashier and as she was exiting the store, I held out the booklet to her with the words “This is better than a mirror.”
To be honest I was a little afraid of the reaction, because last time a tried to do the same thing and give the booklet to a man who was asking for money, he yelled at me “Are you from a sect, I do not need this kind of stuff, go away!!!”
So the lady took the booklet and I was about to walk away and continue my shopping when she asked me for my phone number. I was blown away, she was so open. I asked for hers too and told her that I will pray for her. So would you please join me in prayer for this lady, her name is Ludmila and she is in a desperate situation. She told me about her son who is a hard drinker, demanding money from his mother. Ludmila said that last time when she did not give it to him; he tried to commit suicide by cutting his veins, So please pray for him too and also that the Lord would help me and use me in this. Thank you and may He bless your today. Natasha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha...I am always blessed by your obedience to the Lord and your heart toward the lost...I will ask my prayer group to be praying with you for Ludmila and her son...May God richly bless you as you serve Him!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words, but I want to give all the credit to the Lord and to your prayers, thank you for them very much!