Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mission trip to America

Hello everyone from sunny California (sorry my beloved Moscowvites). After staying up for about 50 hours I arrived in San Francisco at 10:00 in the evening of the same day I took off from Moscow. I gained one day!!! Today I just got back from the Northern and Central California's pastors conference which was for 3 days at the beautiful retreat center Mt. Herman. No not in Israel but in the Santa Cruz Mountains here in Northern California. It was amazing that I ran into so many people that I had met in Moscow over the last 7 years that had taken short term missionary trips. Jeff, and Rich from CC Grass Valley who came on the trip when Pastor Chuck Smith visited Moscow 3 years ago. Terry and his wife, Dave Johnston who is now pastor of CC Santa Cruz, Manny, Matt who is now a Pastor, all who came to Moscow with CC San Jose 6 years ago. Dan who is from CC Weed California who came to the Russian Men's Conference 2 years ago. Mark Piester, who stays with Dale when he does his winter and summer youth camps here in Russia. Mark came with his Pastor who was here and did outreach in Tver (Russia) with his band. He is the Pastor of CC Marrow Bay. Rob Nash who is a friend of Russia, and who has been here many times. I'm going to visit him in Southern California. The teaching was awesome and it was a great encouragement for me personally. My home church CC Modesto organized the conference and Jeff and Franz did a great job. CC Modesto also did all the worship and it was wonderful. And as always I had a great time with my pastor!! It was so encouraging to see so many of the people that have come to visit us in Moscow are serving the Lord. I have many opportunities to share what the Lord is doing in our church. So many people are interested in what is going on here in Russia. So many people are praying for our fellowship, it is so encouraging. Friday I will be speaking to the singles at our church. I may have a few words to speak about the single life, its one of the few areas that I have had the most experience in. Hope to see many of you that may read our blog site while I'm home. God Bless you, dean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dean!
It was great to see you at CC Modesto a few Sundays ago!!!! Glad you were able to go to the pastors conference. Will you be doing a Share Night while you are in Modesto??