Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Monday, May 14, 2007

Please, Pray!

Today as I was waiting for a tram to go home, a guy approached me and began talking to me. First, he asked me what do I think about people infected with HIV and how would I react if I knew that one of my friends had it. Then he said that he is infected himself. Strange way to start a conversation, don’t you think? The guy’s girlfriend was looking at me with interest at first, but I guess my reaction did not keep her attention for very long and she walked away. The guy, however continued to tell me about himself. He said that he is afraid to die and he lives in fear of that day. Of course, I had to tell him that he can have eternal life if he believes in Jesus. Then he said, “Can I have your phone number? I really would like to talk more about it”. Oh, of course!!! But at the same time I was kind of shocked by the request. Moscow is a crazy city, you can meet all kinds of people here, so giving your number to a complete stranger, who also just told you that he was in prison, and there is another case is up for him and that he is high right at this moment…well, I am not so sure about that. At the same moment, his tram arrives and I have to make a decision…and it happened to be my tram too:-) So, we get on and Boris (the guy’s name) tells me that when he began to talk to me he was kind of playing around, but now he seriously wants to hear about Jesus and actually to come to church. He realized that it was not by mistake that he started to talk to me and not another person. He gave me his number and asked me to call him this week, I promised to do that on Saturday (after I come back from St. Pete). Then he and his girlfriend got off.
In a few stops, I had to switch trams and as I walked in to the next one, I saw Boris again. Well, we are practically neighbors. I asked Boris’ girlfriend Jenya if she also would like to come to church and she looked a little confused as she answered “May be”. Please, pray for this young people. I know that God can change their lives completely and deliver them, but they need to make a step. Pray that they would come to church, hear the message, and take it to heart, that during this week the Lord would touch & soften their hearts and help them to see Him.
Thank you for your prayers and support. God bless you, Natasha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha--Am praying for your friends you met on the metro! And will add them to our prayer list at CC Modesto.

lynne
modesto, CA

CC Sokol said...

Thank you very much Lynne! I know that the Lord will answer and touch these young people's hearts. Even if we will not be able to see His answer here and now, I am confident we will see it in Heaven.
God bless you Lynne and thank you for being our co-laborer in the Lord.