Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"ALL HANDS ON DECK"

Greetings from Moscow as I enter my second week of returning back to my normal routine living in one of the world’s largest cities. I must say it’s a bit of a contrast from spending 7 weeks in Modesto. I confess I enjoyed every minute of my time there among many dear friends and family who spoiled me to the bone. I also must confess that I receive the best from both worlds as I return to the place I call home almost 11 months out of the year, and that has been my privileged pattern for the last 8 years. I am truly blessed living here in Moscow. But in looking back at my 7 weeks in America, I want to thank my sister and her husband, Lynn and Bradley for being the main culprits of the spoiling of this missionary, as well as my home church Calvary Chapel Modesto, where I was surrounded by doers of the Word. Special thanks to my Pastor, Pastor Damian who walks the talk…and that’s some big talk to fill….

Perhaps the greatest highlight of my visit home was the opportunities to share what is going on here in my neck of the woods. I was taken back with the sincere interest in the work here in Moscow. I was amazed at the amount of people and even children that came up to me and said they pray for me and the church every day. I owe much to the prayer support of the work that I’m privileged to be a part of due to the faithful prayer of many of you back in Modesto. As I returned to Moscow as a church we are faced with many old and new challenges, I say that now more than any other time in the last 8 years. Perhaps the greatest challenge that has faced the work here in Moscow surfaced last week in regards to the issuing of visas. There are tough laws that now are surfacing regarding length of stay, and policies for receiving new visas. Without going into detail please pray for the will of the Lord in all of this as the new laws have the potential of affecting many foreigners in Moscow. God alone opened the doors here 15 years ago and it is His work going on. He is certainly not nervous a bit about all of this. Please enjoy a few of the photos that blessed by trip home. God Bless you all, and remember if you are born again you are a fellow missionary wherever the Lord has placed you in this world. It’s time for “All HANDS ON DECK”. dean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dean! Glad to you see you back online! It was great seeing you Modesto. We enjoyed seeing you at so many different CC Modesto events. Prayers for you and your ministry team as you head into your year back home in Moscow.

AND GREAT PICTURES!!! Fun seeing all the places and people you visited. :):)

From one picture person to another-
Blessings,
lynne