Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Joy in Mitino at the Feast of Joy - Sukkoth

Another story written by Mira, about the Celebration of three Jewish feasts. It took place on September 29th and I had an opportunity to participate to take some pictures and videos. It was a great blessing, be blessed as you read about it and listen to the beautiful Jewish praise songs. Natasha

"The Jewish congregation in Mitino started its services in July, and we openly declared about ourselves when we celebrated Sukkoth, and it was really a great joy for everyone. The Lord filled everyone with His joy abundantly. The idea of a celebration was born in parts. I clearly knew only one thing, that the birth of Jewish congregation in Mitino, a distant district of Moscow, was a great joy!
But let me tell you everything step by step. The idea to speak about three fall holidays was born during the fellowship at church that ministers to the Jewish people, where I was invited to speak in August. And I tuned to the joy in the Lord in Alma-Ata (Kazakhstan), where I participated in a campaign. The Lord's ways are marvelous!!! As I dreamed of getting to a church service in
Odessa that was started by Jews For Jesus, in order to learn from them about how to build the ministry, the Lord led me to the Shabbat service at a Messianic congregation in Alma-Ata. I hadn't seen such rejoicing in the Lord since the time when I was young and danced at Jewish weddings. The whole hall sang and danced and rejoiced in the Lord, and the following words sounded in my heart, "Joy of the Lord is my strength." And I rejoiced with everyone, and the Lord was already placing His vision of the celebration in to my heart.
When I came to
Moscow, right away I begun the preparation, as the holiday service was due in a month. The Lord sat me down to make phone calls to people, and it wasn't easy, as I called
to open and closed, to old and young people... I called to a lot of people, as I made more than 400contacts. The Lord literally tied me to the phone. At the same time, I wrote a script for the celebration, and when it was almost done, I even became angry with myself for choosing such a difficult task, because it would have been so much easier if I had chosen to speak only about Sukkoth... I had many things to do and not enough time, but I realized that the Lord was going before me, and it was delightful to follow Him! We received the hall for 80 people almost
for free; an American missionary Mary Chase gave money for meal. Volunteers were also open and promised to help.
Now September 29 came.
I was the first one to arrive at the hall. While I was luxuriating in the sun, the security guard started himself (!) asking me questions about God and ... made a decision! And it was just the beginning! We prepared the hall; we had enough volunteers, and people started
coming. 84 people came! There were 20 believers, a children's group of 4 people, who participated in the concert, and 60 Jewish people! A group of young people from Word of Life Church (which is the base for Zhabotinsky Operation) sang and danced for half an
hour, and I'd like to believe that we will minister with them again. Then our service started. I spoke about the ancient holiday traditions and told people about Messiah Y'shua, and about the salvation that He brought to the world. We sang a lot and danced (our old volunteer Olya Oreshkina came with her dancing group), but the most important thing is that we reflected on God and repentance... And then we prayed and called Y'shua our Savior! When I asked who had prayed, almost everyone in the hall stood up! 12 Jews opened their heart to Jesus for the first time! Wonderful and marvelous Lord, thanks be to You for Your mercy! The holiday service ended with the joyful Sukkoth; we praised the Lord and only lacked place for everyone to dance... Precious Jews were filled with joy and God's peace; they left in peace and thanked for the celebration. People, who had lived almost their whole lives in the Soviet atheism, got to know God's life at the end of their lives. All glory be to You, the Living God of Israel!"

No comments: