Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Friday, June 27, 2008

Pray for Victor

Please pray for an opportunity to visit another TB hospital. I met Victor when Dr. Tom was in the hospital as his roommate. Victor was next to Sasha the young man who past away in February. (see blog the March link) Victor was in the hospital to have his leg removed. He went home in December. I got a call from Tom last week that Victor just had his other leg removed and that he was back in the hospital. So I was able to get back into the hospital to visit Victor. I visited Victor for the first time last week. Victor is not a believer. Please pray that he will be open to the gospel. Perhaps with the loss of his second leg God may have his attention. Also the last time I was there a group of patients were sitting outside. So I handed them all the book Daily Bread in the Russian language. As I walked away one of the young guys yelled to me, "Sect!!" I just kept going and he yelled it again. I believe what happened next was as close as you can get to righteous anger, I turned around and headed back to the young man and told him that what I had given him was God’s word from the Bible. He listened closely and when all was said in done we were the best of friends. Hospitals are a great place to share the gospel. People have time on their hands and usually they are under difficult circumstances.

No comments: