Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Friday, December 22, 2006

Visits and the staircase

This past Monday was a day of visits. First, Dean and I went to the Architectural College (our former meeting place) to pay a visit to Rific and Nelly, just to say “Hello” and give them a small gift for Christmas. It may sound funny but walking up the 5th floor to get to the Youth Center where Rufic and Nelly work and where the church used to meet for many, many years, was like a special treat. I did not even notice how I got to the top this time, where before I would gasp, stop a few times on the way and think to myself how horrible it is not to have an elevator in such a building where 5th floor can be compared to the 8th in regular apartment building. It is a memorable staircase; we used to joke about it on the way to the 5th floor or come up with different ideas how to install an elevator. Once Mira, our good friend, who serves with Jews for Jesus and often brings new believers to our church, shared a little secret with me. When I was telling her that I’ve never heard a complaint about the staircase from the older ladies that came to our church with her, she said that they have a good motivation. I of course asked her what was it and she said that Dean told the ladies that when Jews went to worship God in Jerusalem they had to go up to the temple and there were a lot of steps. And not only that, those steps also were different – a number of small and then one big one, it was made this way so people would not run to the temple and enter in a hurry, but so they would meditate on God going up. I thought it was a great motivation and explanation for our staircase, and I adapted it too.

Well, I was not going to write so much about this, but it is one of the good memories I have about our time at the Architectural collage. These last months and especially last a few weeks I was really missing Nelly and Rufic and the good relationship we had and have with them and what a pleasure it was to work together. So, please keep them in your prayers, that they would see how much the Lord loves them.

Our second visit was paid to Rudolf, who is the director’s assistant at the “Sokol” hotel. We just wanted to know if everything is going fine with our church meeting there, if there were any complaints from people and if we could stay for another month, since we still have not found a more permanent place. Rudolf told us that everything is going fine and we can stay longer, he also gave us couple of suggestions and that was pretty much it. In this case, there are no memorable staircase stories :-)

This same evening we had a Bible study and as we came back to the hotel, I received a message that I need to call Rudolf as soon as possible and if I will not do that, (the staff lady said) then tonight will be our last time here. I was really surprised to hear that, because we just had a meeting with Rudolf. There was not much time left before the study, so I decided to call the next day.

No comments: