Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter gifts

Today we had our women’s fellowship and we were making special Easter gifts for Dean’s neighbors. (I have to mention that Easter in Russia is on the 23rd this year.) In last two years, it became a tradition. We made our very first Christmas card together with our ladies while meeting at Dean’s apartment. The idea was just to build a relationship with the neighbors, since at that point there was a tension and we even had to deal with local militia (Russian police), because we were meeting there. Also by putting a gospel message we were able to share the Good News with quite a few people (it is 35 apartments, and in most of them at least 2 people are living).
So this is what we were doing after the service today, put together and decorated cards and bookmarks. I made some examples at home, so it would be easier to do the decorating, but little did I know how creative our ladies are. I still regret that I forgot to take a picture of our team at work. It was so great to watch!
I did take pictures of the masterpieces and you can see some more here (just click).
Please, pray that these simple gifts would touch people hearts. On the cards we put Psalm 23 and on the bookmarks are three verses from the Gospel of John with Jesus’ words: “I am a good Shepherd…”, “I am the resurrection and the life…” and “I am the way, the truth and the life…”. So, may these verses speak to the people and the Lord would use His Word to open the eyes of the blind.Thank you! Natasha

No comments: