Our current address: not yet available
(April 24th, 2013)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Music and Ministry from Israel with Love

Greeting friends, the trees are just about ready to turn this city green, and beginning on the first of May the first of many celebrations begin here in Moscow. May 9th is the great day of victory in World War 2. It is a huge holiday here in Moscow. May 9th celebrates the great victory over Nazi Germany. Moscow and its outlying areas are filled with monuments in honor of those that paid a great price for victory. Those who participated in that great effort and lived through the war made sure that no one would forget those millions of their fellow citizens that paid with their life in defending the mother land, that all the memorials would make sure that the next generation would not forget!!!

As human beings by our very nature we can forget things in the past and just move on. Jesus knew all too well the men He created. Jesus told the disciples as they broke bread in the room located there in Jerusalem, “do this in remembrance of Me. Don’t forget the price I paid for you, don’t forget as you get caught up in the cares of this life that I have given you new life. Don’t forget that I ‘m the source of your peace and your joy, don’t forget that planet earth is not heaven, this is not your home. Don’t forget you are just passing through. Don’t forget I will never leave you nor forsake you. Remember Me.”

Steve and Sheshteen from Tel-Aviv have been with us since Sunday. About a month ago Steve contacted me through our CC Sokol web site. Steve told me he and his wife would be coming to Moscow for three weeks and wanted to see if they could come and minister in our church in music and testimony for the Lord. They had not made any provision for accommodations here in Moscow and only had a few contacts for ministry. I told them that I would see what I could do. The closer it came to the time they arrived I was feeling apprehensive about obligating my self to helping them for their 3 week stay. Thinking about my already busy schedule I did not know how it was going to work out. On Sunday as I was on my way to meet them at the airport I wanted to turn around and just go back, but as I entered the airport Steve called to my phone that they had just arrived. But it took about 1 minute to know it was the Lord's plan to meet them. We then set out to find them a hotel but nothing was found under 100$ per night. The last hotel we went to was booked up, so at 11:00 that night we headed for my place which already was filled up, but that is where they stayed the first night. But the Lord had a place already picked out for them. Monday I called my friend Rick who is MAF about the need for a cheap place to live. He called me back and told me that a missionary family was in the States and that their 4 room apartment was available to use. It is an incredible apartment and even has a piano for Steve. Later I will tell you all how the Lord has been using them here…. To be continued….. (Photo of their visit to the holocaust memorial, here in Moscow, Steve behind the 9 foot grand piano of Nellie's the director)

No comments: